Sunday, August 17, 2014

Week Two Review: A Thunderstorm and a Climate Change


Gosh it's been a week, hasn't it? Baltimore got hit with an insane day of thunderstorms (my favorite kind of weather, personally) and the humidity's been pretty nonexistent. Fall is fast approaching – I hope! It's my second week of having a Capsule Wardrobe and I still love it. It's taken a ton of stress out of my daily routine, which is great because other stressors have been popping up more recently. Here's a quick recap of a few of my outfits this week.

Not my normal set up for pictures, but we weren't at our house all day so!
1. Sunday introduced a new stressor into my life and that is – dun dun dun – Angelo bought a motorcycle! I've never actually been on a motorcycle before, but I couldn't resist hopping on it to take a picture to send/scare my parents. I made my grumpiest face and hopped on. I sort of loved how my comfy Madewell midi dress looked paired with the bike. I absolutely love this midi-dress (it's hiked up a bit here because of the bike, but it hits a few inches below my knees). It's easy to dress up with heels or fancy flats, but it was also perfect for lounging around Angelo's mom's house all Sunday while he worked on the bike.

2. To add more stress into my life, I came straight home and cut all my hair off. Well, I didn't, exactly. My neighbor did, and she did an amazing job – but that didn't keep me from having a full blown panic attack about it Monday morning. What a cliché girl moment. Since I was self conscious about my hair, I stuck to wearing something that I felt comfortable in, to give me more confidence. I paired this "rough" polka dot blouse with my favorite distressed Levis. I love the polka dots on this H&M blouse. Polka dots have become super popular as of late, and I've become super picky with my polka dot print. (I'm nuts!) But go with me here – I think that solid, smallish polka dots can sometimes look sort of cheap. These bigger, rough polka dots create less of a uniform pattern and more of a unique look. Am I crazy? Probably…

3. Tuesday it rained. All day. No seriously, there was no wind and so it just thunder-stormed all day and there was flooding everywhere. To make matters worse, my train home broke down at the stop right before mine and completely shut down the trains. I waited for two hours in a torrential downpour, meekly staring at all the backed up trains down the line, before I accepted defeat and Angelo came to my rescue. That being said, I was pretty exhausted and woke up on Wednesday with no desire to go to work or make an effort with my appearance. I paired this cool, geometric J. Crew tee that I thrifted with my high waisted skinny trousers and was pleasantly surprised that I still managed to look put together. J. Crew makes awesome tee shirts that are easy to dress up. When I wear them to work, I usually pair them with heeled booties and a skinny pant, but you could easily add a blazer or a cute skirt with them too. Plus they're easy to find while thrifting, if you're not into spending $50 on a linen tee.

4. TGIF – by the time Friday rolled around, Angelo was in the midst of his motorcycle safety course and I was dealing with a Boston Terrier who had an epic ear infection. After staying up late with a crying puppy, I woke up early on Friday to see if I could snag a vet appointment. I let my hair air dry last night so I took it casual with the tiniest ponytail ever, doubled up chunky sweaters and my favorite tee shirt I stole from Angelo. It's a tee shirt designed by Pizza Party Printing – and if you don't know who they are you definitely need to check them out. They're local to Baltimore and their designs are awesome, especially if you're into horror or classic movies. I love this Pan's Labyrinth shirt because of their spooky design and color combination. Tucked into my black skinny jeans and paired with ballet flats, it's totally acceptable for a casual Friday at my office.

pizzapartyprinting.com
pizzpartyprinting.com
So the Pan's Labyrinth shirt is sold out on their site, but I do own the Bill & Ted tee, and I have my eye on this epic The Labyrinth one, because David Bowie is looking fierce.


All in all, I'm loving this Capsule Wardrobe. It's fun, stressfree and it keeps my mind focused on other things. I can't wait to start building my Fall Capsule, and with the way the weather's been - it's looking like I'll be doing that sooner rather than later. Have you been thinking about starting a Capsule Wardrobe yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment