Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Capsule Closet Questions: What about my Homebody Wear?


Angelo and I spent the weekend out at his mom's, which is pretty much my favorite place to retreat to on the weekends. There's nothing better than packing up the pups and getting out of the city for a night.

When we first got out there, laundry and puppies in tow, the first thing Angelo's mom said to me was that she liked my outfit from my Capsule closet. She's been reading my blog and is super tempted to try the whole Capsule Wardrobe idea, but raised one question to me that I also dealt with.

"What about things that I only wear around the house – do they count as part of my 37 items?"

I was quick with my response. I say no. A few of my favorite things that I wear are things that I only wear when I'm bopping around the house. I don't wear them out, they're basically just lounge clothes, but if I added them in with my 37 items – I would go over my limit! I did however go through my house-only wear and downgrade them. I don't need ten over sized tee shirts, even if I love them all. I think that five or six items max is a good place to set your homebody wardrobe.

With that being said, here's mine!

Perfect when paired with a chunky sweater from H&M after being stuck at the train station for 2 hours in the rain.
 1. I thrifted this floral romper because I thought it was a cute tank, but when I got home to try it on I realized I had hit the jackpot and found myself with a new romper instead. However, this romper is way too short to wear in public, and it's too revealing up top for me to feel comfortable anywhere but my couch. It is, however, perfect for cooking in my non-air conditioned kitchen and laying on the couch to watch MasterChef reruns.

Some days you just need a good polka dot headband to cover your roots, ya know?
2. White Studded Cutoffs: These cutoffs remind me that I am my mother's daughter. No, my mom doesn't wear white, studded cutoffs, but she does keep things forever. I've had these cutoffs for going on six years now, and they've been on their last leg for probably two. They've got holes in the back pockets and they're missing some studs – but they're the softest denim and they're a perfect length.

3. Loose T-Shirts: For me, there are few things better than coming home from work and putting on a clean, crisp loose t-shirt. They're the shirts that I lived in when I walked dogs, and used to get the most wear out of everything in my closet. When I started my capsule wardrobe, I downgraded these tee shirts, retiring some of them that so greatly deserve it. My favorites now are two that remind me of my mom, a Cher tee shirt she got me when we went to her concert, and an Edward Gorey tee that has a quote about reading and dogs on it – that I pilfered from her closet when I was sick once.
One of many, many Boston print things I own.
4. Boston Terrier Related Clothing: I am, first and foremost, a Boston mama. This means that anything I see that has a Boston Terrier/ Boston Terrier pattern on it, I will buy it. Eagerly and without thinking. My favorite of all Boston related clothing is a BDG tee that @shopjodiscloset found and realized that I needed. Thank god she did, because it's probably one of my favorite articles of clothing. It's incredibly soft, a cute mint green color and it's got little Boston faces all over it. It's almost sheer, and so it's the perfect tee to wear when I crawl up into bed on rainy afternoons to binge on Netflix.

Do you agree with me – should lounge clothes be separate from your Capsule Wardrobe? If you're a homebody like me – do you have a special homebody wardrobe that you wear around the house? Comment below and let me know!

Also, I got a haircut.

1 comment:

  1. I am just like you - coming home and putting on a baggy tee is heaven!
    Edita
    www.pret-a-reporter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete