Sunday, August 3, 2014

starting my capsule wardrobe journey!

Ok - here we go! I've been wanting to blog for a while, and this seems like the perfect time to start.

My name is Rosemary - or  teenwitch_ - and I live in Baltimore with my wonderful significant other, Angelo, and our furry family. I work for the City, but before that I walked dogs for three years. It's a huge adjustment for me - working in a professional setting - and one of the biggest changes is not being able to wear cutoffs and sneakers every day. One of the other biggies is trying to cover up my tattoos without joining the "cardigans forever" club.

Luckily - I'm a sucker for dressing up!

One of my biggest challenges is looking professional and cute while still covering up my tattoos. Some days are harder than others - like when it's 95 degrees outside and I want to wear a skirt without tights - but I have to say I'm having a ton of fun figuring all this out.

I've taken ideas from two of my favorite blogs, fouryearsin and un-fancy! Danielle at fouryearsin.com has the most adorable style, and she talks a lot about dressing with intention - which is something I definitely want to work on more. Caroline at un-fancy.com has a minimalist style that I totally drool over, and her concept of a capsule wardrobe is something that I am definitely trying to tackle.

Here's how my closet's looking right now, after my first attempt at a capsule wardrobe. I have way more items then you're supposed to - but since this is my test run, and I'll be changing them out seasonally, I figured I would take the rest of the summer to figure out what I wear and what I just like to look at on hangers.
Have you ever done a capsule wardrobe? Do you find yourself dressing in the same old styles? Follow along with me while I attempt to tackle my closet and define my personal style! It's going to be a pretty fun journey, I promise you won't be disappointed.

thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment