Friday, October 3, 2014

Work & Work & Work and Ten Minutes of Play


I know that Wednesday is supposed to be the middle of the week hardest day, but for me that's Thursday. It's so close to Friday, but still so far from Saturday. Ugh. It's definitely a day where I tend to fall into my work-uniform closet basics.

It's so easy to slip into bad habits for work – even harder if your office is casual. I try to have a go-to outfit work looking polished and pulled together at work, especially if you're feeling less than. For me that outfit goes as follows: black high waisted skinny trousers, a black zipper tee from Madewell, a black cashmere cardigan that I stole from my grandmother's closet, a camel colored scarf and black booties. By mixing nicer pieces together and keeping it monochromatic, I get a look that translates well for work.


When I got home from work, I had about ten minutes of down time before Angelo and I were off again to run around Baltimore City and the surrounding counties. I wanted to spend my ten minutes sitting on the couch, so I grabbed another go-to outfit for the evening. I kept on the Madewell zipper tee, slid into my American Eagle overalls, tied my Minnetonka moccasins from @sweet_petite_shop and was good to go.

That's one thing I love about having a Capsule Wardrobe – it's easy to get dressed and doesn't take time away from time that I get to spend with Angelo, with our pups or friends. Taking the stress out of getting dressed is definitely worth the closet downgrade.

What are your go to outfits when you're busy, tired or in a slump? Do you have any special tricks for looking pulled together?


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. lol and apparently I can't comment correctly on this ~ but I just wanted to say that your style is really lovely even when you're tired. I find myself reaching for shirts and cozy long skirts that remind me of a blanket. Or I will wear some fun comfortable pants, really just anything that is my favourite at the time. High waisted skirts/pants often look pulled together when paired with a proper sweater or cardigan and it's easy and often complimented :~) Sorry I messed up my first comment haha my instagram is @athylia and i'm entering your #twcfallgiveaway ~ thank you kindly !

      Delete